The Envisioning Green Difference
The Core Values
- We are a customer service company with a PASSION for landscaping. This means that everything we do from beginning to end in our process is people, client, and employee driven. We strive to create a frictionless experience in all aspects of our service.
- Instead of only being words on a wall, our Core Values are also a filter through which we make all of our decisions. Our 4 Core Values are quality, Accommodation, Relationships, and Profitability.
- We firmly believe that if you know what you stand for, you already know what to do.
- We not only care about our company, our people, and our clients but also our community. We are proud to be Business Partners with Edwardsville Neighbors, sponsors of events through Found a Hound Rescue, volunteers with Green Care for Troops, and leaders at our home church, Enjoy Church, as well as various other organizations.
- The first thing we look for when hiring for our team is attitude and core values. If your core values don’t align with ours as a company then you’re not a good fit. This allows for us to provide the consistent level of customer service that we expect across the board.
- This is a highly skilled career path and skills can be trained, that’s why we hire for attitude and train for skill.
- We can honestly say that we are proud to have each and every member in our company on our team!
- We not only care about our people as employees but as human beings too. We value their families and try to be involved in their lives as much as possible. When you have full family buy in to your company, that’s when an employee will be successful.
- We also provide other opportunities such as Leadership Development, Insurance and Mortgage education, and much more. We want to invest in our people in more ways than just professionally but don’t believe us, ask them!
- We have multiple full time Landscape Designers on staff who have studied not just Landscape Design but horticulture as well which means your project is in the hands of trusted, trained, and educated professionals.
- In addition to being a professional, the Designers being on staff means that any tweaks to your design can be made during your appointment at our Design Center on the spot. This allows for you to get exactly what you dream of and eliminates any headache of trying to communicate those changes, you can see them happening before your eyes!
- We have a dedicated Production supervisor, Jimmy, who in addition to your designer is a dedicated point of contact for all questions about your project. His full time job is ensuring the quality, the product, and the professionalism when we are at your home.
- Since Jimmy oversees all of the jobs, he is an excellent connector between the Designer, the client, and the crew ensuring that communication remains clear and that everyone stays on the same page.
- Additionally, he will partner with you to ensure that the space of your dreams that was designed is what gets installed.
- Our Supply Chain Manager is the dedicated person ensuring quality of product and finding new innovative products. He immediately starts ordering once your job is signed which avoids material delays. This ensures that on the first day we are at your home, there will be no headache or delays caused by not having the right materials.
- We have a full time Office Manager that is the pleasant voice that you’ll hear when you call our office, she is available to answer any questions you may have. If she doesn’t know the answer off the top of her head, she will get you in contact with someone who does.
- Our company wide commitment to the industry allows us to constantly be trained and learn best-practices from other companies similar to ours from coast-to-coast.
- Our crew members are career-minded individuals who don’t just see this as a job. They are constantly being trained by both ourselves and through industry specific courses.
- We proudly possess several certifications which means that while the product itself may not be different, the execution is – Interlocking Concrete Paver Institute, Authorized Belgard Contractors, National Concrete & Masonry Association, Certified by Versa-lok, members of the National Association of Landscape Professionals, and more.
- We operate as one team. Of course, each person has a crew that they normally work on but once a month we all come together for our monthly breakfast meeting. This allows us to share ideas, Standard Operating Procedures, and more.
- This sets us apart because it ensures that we all act on consistent standards and that no matter which team member you are working with you will have a great experience every single time.
- We pride ourselves on exceptional, timely communication via email, text, or telephone – if you leave us a message or email, we will return it promptly.
- The thing we hear most from clients getting home improvement projects done is that lack of communication from other companies, this is one pain point that we will be happy to help you avoid with our frequent updates.
- We have the ability to manage budgets on projects ranging from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars – and have the experience and track record to back any project up
- We will make a plan for all of your hopes and dreams and any dreams you have in mind in the future and figure out the most beneficial and cost effective phases to make it happen
- In order to provide consistency in the quality of our work and to make sure that you get exactly what you want, all of our crews work off of comprehensive job jackets that are specifically made for your job. These job jackets have everything from full 3D of your project down to measurements and specifications to make it happen.
- We have a warehouse where we pre-build a lot of elements in most projects (i.e. Kitchens, Fireplaces, etc.). This means that there is less down time due to bad weather which means that we will get to your project faster and be more efficient once we’re there.
- The thing that we hear most often about our jobsites is how clean they are. Our team realizes that we are not “just at a jobsite” but are at your home. Realizing that, we will make sure and treat your home with respect by setting aside some time to clean each day.
- We have clients that have done business with us for over ten years – representing our commitment to taking care of our clients and their loyalty in return. These clients, along with many others, will gladly give us a personal reference based on their experiences.
- We offer one level of high quality work to all of our clients and will do what we say we will do, when we said we would do it, the way we said we would do it.
- This alongside with our attention to detail means that what we design and agree on you will receive and that it will also stand the test of time.
- We offer a lifetime warranty on all plant material as long as Envisioning Green holds a maintenance contract covering those aspects of your installation.
We appreciate all the ideas, energy and work you put into our project. From design through construction you were very professional, easy to work with, and committed to giving us what we wanted. We are very pleased with the result and in knowing we chose the right company to create our backyard experience.
– Rick & Brandi – Edwardsville, IL
We purchased or new Ranch style home nearly four years ago after living in a two-story for 20 plus years. This was the type of home and style of home my wife and I were searching for once we decided to move. We found our dream home sitting on 2 difficult acres. Once in the backyard, it sloped heavily down to a 1 Acre retention pond that was really in awful condition. We did see potential for something very special if we could find the right company to partner with. We met the entire staff at Envisioning green through an invitation to one of their Wine Open Houses. While there, we were able to see their many outdoor exhibits and view their picture portfolios and well as speak with some of their current and past customers.
Late last summer and we had their owner and designer over to discuss the entire project; both pond remediation and backyard creation. We wanted a pool, gas fire pit and an outdoor bar and as usually happens....once we got going, we added a little more!
The process was quite impressive as we gave them a list of must haves and a budget for the project. We did have change orders for things we elected to add but once we signed, it couldn't have gone smoother. The project turned out amazingly like the electronic design plan they initially presented us with no unwanted surprises. They worked through the winter, around the early spring rains and we are now enjoying our backyard immensely.
With our property, there was so much more complexity than what I'm able to describe here and we knew we couldn't turn this over to just any company based solely on price or promise. For the reasonable budget we gave them we received an "HGTV"" backyard in return. Great job Envisioning Green!
Larry & Kris – Maryville, IL
We now have our backyard oasis!!! Absolutely love how everything turned out. Brian and his crew were wonderful and paid very close attention to detail!! Any unexpected issues that came up, they were able to quickly fix and when we wanted to add on to the project we were able to get the supplies needed quickly. Overall job well done and can’t wait for future projects with Envisioning Green!! :) big thanks to Charles for the vision, Justin and Steven for keeping it all together and Brian and his crew for making it happen! Time to enjoy some backyard parties!
Mary Beth – Maryville, IL
Don’t Want To Write This Review … Seriously
Having read the title, it would be understandable if your mind jumped to the assumption that I am preparing to present a plethora of faults with the company, the crew, the work … whatever. But nothing could be further from my thoughts. The reason for my not wanting to write this review is because reviews mark the end of something and I find it hard to meet this particular end; the people involved here, the ones leaving because their work is finished, are people I’ve come to so admire and care about.
I’m 63 years old. I’ve hired contractors throughout my life for big jobs, small jobs and all of those in between. Too often I’ve been profoundly amazed at the level of incompetence displayed by self-proclaimed professionals; their work so shoddy that one simply had to accept the entirety of their training must have come from watching YouTube videos or that some had perhaps once made a wooden letter holder for their mother and, having completed that arduous task, then decided they were skilled enough to build houses. After experiencing so many contractor related disappointments through the years, I finally came to often expect the worst as the new normal.
At 62, I bought my retirement home and soon decided it needed some updates that were far beyond my own ability to complete. I began with a clear vision of what I wanted and began seeking out a company, a partner, that could bring my ideas to life. I called or visited companies large and not-so-large and even approached recommended individuals. Most all of these I asked said they couldn’t do what I wanted and those few that said they could really didn’t have the quality materials, proper experience or share vision that I was looking for. In that I would be spending my retirement money on one-time projects, I could no longer afford to have contractors that were only going to provide me with “good-enough” or less. In driving around through southern Illinois and Missouri, I’d seen some beautiful places with completed projects similar to what I wanted but couldn’t bring myself to go up and ask any of the home owners who it was had done the work for them. My bad.
Then I began searching the internet with key terms like outdoor fireplace, stone staircase, outdoor kitchen, etc.; began searching images of such projects that closely matched what I had imagined. Clicking on an image would sometimes provide a link to the company that had built the project. And that’s how it was I came to find an image, clicked on it and discovered a link to Envisioning Green. I thought it an odd name but, hey, the image was all that and so I was willing to reach out this one more time.
Lindsey Bigham answered the phone when I rang Envisioning Green. I was in a mood and immediately launched into a rather loud and semi-accusatory rant the second she finished saying hello...