Exceptional Outdoor Living | Edwardsville, O’Fallon, & St. Louis
Choosing Envisioning Green is the first step towards the yard of your dreams. At Envisioning Green, your design is tailor-made to specifically meet your needs. There is no general template that we use for all designs because we know that each outdoor space is unique. This individualized design is so important because it is the first step to getting your ideal outdoor space.
There are three core steps in the design process at Envisioning Green:
1. Initial Consultation (at your home) | What happens in our first meeting? During this consultation, usually lasting approximately 1 hour, we will review your goals, take pictures & measurements, and ask questions so we’re clear on what you want. We always recommend that our clients prepare their “Dreambook”. This is simple and consists of anything you may have seen that you like, love, or don’t like all! Here is what you can expect:
- Most importantly, we will be there on time!
- Depending on your scope of work at your home this will last up to one hour.
- There is no cost for the initial 1 hour consultation.
- If you are married or have a significant other it is very important that they also be there as this is an important an exciting part of the process, we need everyone’s input.
- During this consultation we will review with you your exact wants and needs for your new project. We spend a lot of time discussing those details with you, reviewing your “Dreambook”.
- After we thoroughly review what you are wanting to have completed, we can discuss some budget ranges with you on the different sections of your project that you would be comfortable with.
- The designer will discuss any design engagement required for us to get started on all the design work and detailed proposal.
- Most of the projects Envisioning Green does will have a small design engagement to allow us to complete the detailed design work accurately and spend the time needed to be certain, nothing is forgotten.
- Depending on the scope and complexity of the project the design work for most people starts at around $300.00 and goes up from there.
2. Conceptual Design (at the Envisioning Green Design Center) | You are more than welcome (and encouraged) to bring your whole family – the kids too! This usually consists of a 3D landscape design plan for your new space! Our goal with the Conceptual Design is to be as thorough as possible so there aren’t very many changes to be made to your Master Plan. This design helps us establish an overall layout to ensure that spatially everything fits and flows. The beauty of our Design Center is the most changes that you’d like to be made to your design can be made while you’re there! That way, you can be sure that you’re getting exactly what you want. Prioritization of design elements, space, budgets, and estimates are also reviewed.
- We are able to create a virtual, in depth landscape of your property in a full 3D model.
- We spend a lot of time getting all the details right and the 3D models we design for you make it look like your project is already completed!
- We can decide from there what elements you like or dislike and also if you feel any changes are needing to be made.
3. The Final Reveal & Master Plan | This will be the final & very detailed plan. Depending on the scope of your project, most of the time this plan will come in the form of a 3D Design. For some larger projects, this may also require additional architectural renderings or stamped engineered plans which we can produce and handle for you at an additional cost if needed. This final plan will give you a very clear image of what your space is going to look like and gives you the ultimate “try before you buy” experience.
- We will be able to show you almost exactly what your retaining wall, patio, sidewalk or landscape will look like when we are finished.
- With this model, there will be no question on exactly how your dream project will look and gives you the ultimate “try before you buy” experience.
- We will also generally have a final detailed proposal completed for you at this time.
After the final proposal is accepted and the contract is signed. Then we can move forward with your dream backyard. Envisioning Green prides ourselves on the “full service” experience. You will just have to sit back, relax, and get ready to enjoy your new space!
Click here to see a few projects from beginning – to design – to completion!
We offer Design/Build and Landscaping Services to the Greater St. Louis area including: Edwardsville, Belleville, O'Fallon, Swansea, Glen Carbon, Troy, Alton, Godfrey, Caseyville, Fairview Heights, Columbia, Maryville, Highland, Shiloh & Collinsville in Illinois and surrounding communities; St Louis, Frontenac, Chesterfield, Ladue, Webster Groves, Ballwin, Creve Coeur, South County, Clayton, Ladue, Kirkwood, Central West End & Brentwood in Missouri and surrounding communities.
We appreciate all the ideas, energy and work you put into our project. From design through construction you were very professional, easy to work with, and committed to giving us what we wanted. We are very pleased with the result and in knowing we chose the right company to create our backyard experience.
– Rick & Brandi – Edwardsville, IL
We purchased or new Ranch style home nearly four years ago after living in a two-story for 20 plus years. This was the type of home and style of home my wife and I were searching for once we decided to move. We found our dream home sitting on 2 difficult acres. Once in the backyard, it sloped heavily down to a 1 Acre retention pond that was really in awful condition. We did see potential for something very special if we could find the right company to partner with. We met the entire staff at Envisioning green through an invitation to one of their Wine Open Houses. While there, we were able to see their many outdoor exhibits and view their picture portfolios and well as speak with some of their current and past customers.
Late last summer and we had their owner and designer over to discuss the entire project; both pond remediation and backyard creation. We wanted a pool, gas fire pit and an outdoor bar and as usually happens....once we got going, we added a little more!
The process was quite impressive as we gave them a list of must haves and a budget for the project. We did have change orders for things we elected to add but once we signed, it couldn't have gone smoother. The project turned out amazingly like the electronic design plan they initially presented us with no unwanted surprises. They worked through the winter, around the early spring rains and we are now enjoying our backyard immensely.
With our property, there was so much more complexity than what I'm able to describe here and we knew we couldn't turn this over to just any company based solely on price or promise. For the reasonable budget we gave them we received an "HGTV"" backyard in return. Great job Envisioning Green!
Larry & Kris – Maryville, IL
We now have our backyard oasis!!! Absolutely love how everything turned out. Brian and his crew were wonderful and paid very close attention to detail!! Any unexpected issues that came up, they were able to quickly fix and when we wanted to add on to the project we were able to get the supplies needed quickly. Overall job well done and can’t wait for future projects with Envisioning Green!! :) big thanks to Charles for the vision, Justin and Steven for keeping it all together and Brian and his crew for making it happen! Time to enjoy some backyard parties!
Mary Beth – Maryville, IL
Don’t Want To Write This Review … Seriously
Having read the title, it would be understandable if your mind jumped to the assumption that I am preparing to present a plethora of faults with the company, the crew, the work … whatever. But nothing could be further from my thoughts. The reason for my not wanting to write this review is because reviews mark the end of something and I find it hard to meet this particular end; the people involved here, the ones leaving because their work is finished, are people I’ve come to so admire and care about.
I’m 63 years old. I’ve hired contractors throughout my life for big jobs, small jobs and all of those in between. Too often I’ve been profoundly amazed at the level of incompetence displayed by self-proclaimed professionals; their work so shoddy that one simply had to accept the entirety of their training must have come from watching YouTube videos or that some had perhaps once made a wooden letter holder for their mother and, having completed that arduous task, then decided they were skilled enough to build houses. After experiencing so many contractor related disappointments through the years, I finally came to often expect the worst as the new normal.
At 62, I bought my retirement home and soon decided it needed some updates that were far beyond my own ability to complete. I began with a clear vision of what I wanted and began seeking out a company, a partner, that could bring my ideas to life. I called or visited companies large and not-so-large and even approached recommended individuals. Most all of these I asked said they couldn’t do what I wanted and those few that said they could really didn’t have the quality materials, proper experience or share vision that I was looking for. In that I would be spending my retirement money on one-time projects, I could no longer afford to have contractors that were only going to provide me with “good-enough” or less. In driving around through southern Illinois and Missouri, I’d seen some beautiful places with completed projects similar to what I wanted but couldn’t bring myself to go up and ask any of the home owners who it was had done the work for them. My bad.
Then I began searching the internet with key terms like outdoor fireplace, stone staircase, outdoor kitchen, etc.; began searching images of such projects that closely matched what I had imagined. Clicking on an image would sometimes provide a link to the company that had built the project. And that’s how it was I came to find an image, clicked on it and discovered a link to Envisioning Green. I thought it an odd name but, hey, the image was all that and so I was willing to reach out this one more time.
Lindsey Bigham answered the phone when I rang Envisioning Green. I was in a mood and immediately launched into a rather loud and semi-accusatory rant the second she finished saying hello...